Tuesday, March 14, 2006

David Chase Reads My Blog

That's not true. David Chase does not read my blog. The thought did cross my mind, however, when watching the premiere of The Sopranos. No, I don't really think that my thrice-weekly sushi intake actually inspired the Tony & Carmela sushi-obsession storyline, but I did think it was a funny thing to have in common with them. Unfortunately, unlike T & Carm, I haven't discovered the perfectly delicious and convenient place for sushi so I just bop around the city. I wish I had those waste management funds, because for the most part, I'm stuck with ghetto sushi (the place we've been going to at lunch offers 20 pieces of sashimi for $10 - I highly doubt that it's top grade or recently outta the ocean). What's funny is, after The Sopranos ended, I realized I hadn't had sushi in about a week, and I immediately started craving it. So really, even if I did inspire the storyline, it in turn inspired me: I had sushi for lunch on Monday and I'm having it again tonight for dinner. It's a vicious cycle. Though I guess I should be happy I wasn't inspired to beat up Hesh or shoot my nephew in the stomach.

0 Comments:

<< Home