Albuquerque Yearbook Part II (Insert Pages)
Coolest Moment - Having a two-time Academy Award winning Director of Photograpy let you look through his lense.
Best Reaction to the Coolest Moment - Telling my boss, an admitted film geek, that the two-time Academy Award winning Director of Photography let me look through his lense and actually hearing the tear of jealousy roll down my boss's cheek through the phone.
Craziest Conversation I Anticipate I Will Ever Have With the EVP of My Company - A discussion about shooting coverage on a scene of a man and woman getting to 3rd base.
Biggest Regret - Flying home Friday night. Apparently it's a popular flight time from Albu to NY, which I now know after sitting in a middle seat sandwiched in between a fat man and a fat woman (whom I later found out were a married couple). I want to judge them for letting a stranger (moi) be squished in between them but I guess if I were them, I'd want the wiggle room.
Best Lesson About Complaining - Don't complain about the Marriott Pyramid North until you've stayed at the plain ol' Marriott. Seriously.
Most Clutch Move - Phil, the Marriott electrician, opening the door to your hotel room with some apparatus called a "fish hook" when you've come home from work at 1am and found that the battery in the magnetic key lock on your door has died (in case you're wondering, from start to finish, this process takes about 30 minutes).
Most Stubborn Moment - My insistence on trying to find good pancakes in Albuquerque. Went to IHOP for the first time ever and wasn't impressed with the pancakes choices (only 4!) or the lack of international flare. Then the next day I ordered blueberry pancakes at another restaurant and realized that it ain't blueberry season in the 'querque, for the blueberries are a weirdish color purple and about as hard as beads.
Thing I'll Miss the Least - On set, having to go to the bathroom in what they call a Honey Wagon. Though they did play good country music in there.
Silliest Fear - Thinking you are going to get carjacked because it's late at night and you are driving alone because really, is a Chevy Impala priority # 1 for carjackers? Probs not.
Longest Day Ever - Saying yes when the director asks you to be a background extra for a scene. 12 hours later, your feet are killing you and you want to burn the outfit you're wearing.
Biggest Hope - As a featured extra, that you didn't ruin takes by looking directly into the camera or futzing with your hair.
Easiest Prediction - If you are visible in the shot at all, your Mom asking you later when it airs "why didn't you put on lip gloss?" (For the record, I did, but it was my daytime gloss which I don't think is camera ready).
Biggest Realization - Work is awesome when you are learning AND contributing.
Most Surprising Moment - When you discover that the chipotle dip on the crudités plate doesn't taste like the chain restaurant Chipotle, but is firey hot because it is made of actual chipotles - "smoke-dried jalapeño chilis" (thank you Wikipedia). But the key is to not be embarrassed by the tears that form in your eyes, the cough that forms in your throat, and the Sipowicz-like facial sweating. Even if you are talking to the star of the show when this delightful chipotle trifecta occurs.
Best Cab Driver Moment, Part II Edition - On the way to Albu airport, my cab driver gave me an extremely detailed update on the current status of American Idol. He was very, very worried about the integrity of the show because of Sanjaya. But I realized that my cab driver was not to be trusted when he called Taylor Hicks "an incredible entertainer." Even I, who does not watch American Idol, knows that that just cannot be true.
Award for Consecutive Huevos - Turns out, it is possible to get sick of Huevos Rancheros. Not enough so that you stop eating while in New Mexico, but such that you don't order it at your first brunch back from Albu. But you do get a pang of missing Albu-indigenous grub when the NYC brunch place is serving green hot sauce. Not that you ever had any in Albu, but you saw it there a lot.
MVP Shout Out - To my partner in crime in Albu (both trips) : MMB.
Best Reaction to the Coolest Moment - Telling my boss, an admitted film geek, that the two-time Academy Award winning Director of Photography let me look through his lense and actually hearing the tear of jealousy roll down my boss's cheek through the phone.
Craziest Conversation I Anticipate I Will Ever Have With the EVP of My Company - A discussion about shooting coverage on a scene of a man and woman getting to 3rd base.
Biggest Regret - Flying home Friday night. Apparently it's a popular flight time from Albu to NY, which I now know after sitting in a middle seat sandwiched in between a fat man and a fat woman (whom I later found out were a married couple). I want to judge them for letting a stranger (moi) be squished in between them but I guess if I were them, I'd want the wiggle room.
Best Lesson About Complaining - Don't complain about the Marriott Pyramid North until you've stayed at the plain ol' Marriott. Seriously.
Most Clutch Move - Phil, the Marriott electrician, opening the door to your hotel room with some apparatus called a "fish hook" when you've come home from work at 1am and found that the battery in the magnetic key lock on your door has died (in case you're wondering, from start to finish, this process takes about 30 minutes).
Most Stubborn Moment - My insistence on trying to find good pancakes in Albuquerque. Went to IHOP for the first time ever and wasn't impressed with the pancakes choices (only 4!) or the lack of international flare. Then the next day I ordered blueberry pancakes at another restaurant and realized that it ain't blueberry season in the 'querque, for the blueberries are a weirdish color purple and about as hard as beads.
Thing I'll Miss the Least - On set, having to go to the bathroom in what they call a Honey Wagon. Though they did play good country music in there.
Silliest Fear - Thinking you are going to get carjacked because it's late at night and you are driving alone because really, is a Chevy Impala priority # 1 for carjackers? Probs not.
Longest Day Ever - Saying yes when the director asks you to be a background extra for a scene. 12 hours later, your feet are killing you and you want to burn the outfit you're wearing.
Biggest Hope - As a featured extra, that you didn't ruin takes by looking directly into the camera or futzing with your hair.
Easiest Prediction - If you are visible in the shot at all, your Mom asking you later when it airs "why didn't you put on lip gloss?" (For the record, I did, but it was my daytime gloss which I don't think is camera ready).
Biggest Realization - Work is awesome when you are learning AND contributing.
Most Surprising Moment - When you discover that the chipotle dip on the crudités plate doesn't taste like the chain restaurant Chipotle, but is firey hot because it is made of actual chipotles - "smoke-dried jalapeño chilis" (thank you Wikipedia). But the key is to not be embarrassed by the tears that form in your eyes, the cough that forms in your throat, and the Sipowicz-like facial sweating. Even if you are talking to the star of the show when this delightful chipotle trifecta occurs.
Best Cab Driver Moment, Part II Edition - On the way to Albu airport, my cab driver gave me an extremely detailed update on the current status of American Idol. He was very, very worried about the integrity of the show because of Sanjaya. But I realized that my cab driver was not to be trusted when he called Taylor Hicks "an incredible entertainer." Even I, who does not watch American Idol, knows that that just cannot be true.
Award for Consecutive Huevos - Turns out, it is possible to get sick of Huevos Rancheros. Not enough so that you stop eating while in New Mexico, but such that you don't order it at your first brunch back from Albu. But you do get a pang of missing Albu-indigenous grub when the NYC brunch place is serving green hot sauce. Not that you ever had any in Albu, but you saw it there a lot.
MVP Shout Out - To my partner in crime in Albu (both trips) : MMB.

<< Home