Thursday, May 25, 2006

Miscellany On My Mind...

COMMENTS -

I've been thinking that if you're reading my blog, you should know these two things about me:
(1) Chocolate covered cherries make me sad. I once referred to them as my nightmare, but that's probably overstating things. My actual nightmare - the guy next to me on the stairmaster yesterday wearing California Pumas with no socks (ouch and disrespectful to a rare sneaker).
(2) I want to be buried inside a warm roll, because I love them. I guess hold the butter though, that could be slippery.

Ever seen a metrocard in a toilet bowl? I have. Today at work. It made me laugh. Thank god it wasn't mine. For then, I'd cry.

Does anyone experience this regret - buying cool stamps and then realizing it's a bummer to use them? For example, I just bought this really purty book of stamps called "Crops of the Americas" that includes bright peppers, and flowers, and corn, and beans and the like, but who will benefit from these stamps? Con Ed. American Express. Mastercard. RCN. That's who. It doesn't seem right. I wonder if they even notice the stamps as they rip the envelope open to devour my dough. I hope someone somewhere out there stops and says, "Wow, a stamp of a gourd, that is unique."

QUESTIONS -

Is it wrong that if/when a guy tells me that he loves the show Arrested Development that I find him more attractive?

Is it considered effective multi-tasking if I can blog and play scrabble simultaneously while at work?

If a doctor says to me "you look tired," is it okay to say back "thanks a lot, but I'm not giving you a co-pay to be insulted, biotch"?